Bodies of those who died in the Nigerian Building Collapse are still not back in South Africa

Bodies of more than 8o South Africans who died in the Nigerian Building Collapse are still not back, it has been reported that their bodies could return to South Africa in three weeks – near the end of October 2014.

Synagogue Church building collapseSouth Africa saw the highest number of fatalities when the guesthouse of the Synagogue Church of all Nations (SCOAN) collapse located within the church premises in the State of Lagos in Nigeria collapsed to the ground on September 12, 2014.

A total of 115 deaths as a result of the building collapse was reported, out of that 115, 84 were South Africans and they remain in that country while the inquest is being carried out.

On Sunday October 12, 2014 several news reports said that the chief medical examiner of Lagos State, Professor John Obafunwa, they were looking at a period of three weeks before they could release the bodies.

Furthermore, Obafunwa said autopsies had been completed and samples were shipped out for DNA analysis.

The slow process of identifying the bodies of those who died has been so slow because Nigeria facilities to analyze DNA, Obafunwa reportedly said.

 

beki

Join the Discussion

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

arrow